Perfect and easy server solution
I wanted to share with you my current solution which is quite easy and manageable. First off, I recommend Vultr Hosting. Their control panel is amazing, it gives you a neat and slick overview of the functions you need. Vultr also has a phone app which is very good for monitoring and performing simple tasks on your servers.
In the controlpanel you can simply add servers on the go. What I have done right now is to create one main server (cloud-compute) for hosting the site and another (storage server) to host the images. All with SSD drives. You can choose the size of the server as you wish ofc. When I need more space, I’ll just add another, and so on..
You get billed at the end of the month for your usage. Their model is “pay for what you use” and their servers are really fast. Check out reviews all over the web. Their pricing is really good considering the quality service they provide.
Ok, so what now, you have an account with Vultr (or any other similar company) and don’t want to pay lots of extra for cPanel or managed services?
I’m using serverpilot.io which is fairly the best tool I’ve come over. What it does is that you register an account. You can choose a free account or a paid one $10/month – then you add your servers IP adress root info and in 2 minutes your server is up and running with SFTP, PHP, MySQL, Nginx and Apache ready to go.
With serverpilot, all you need is a clean server. All it requires is that you install Ubuntu 16.04 (Vultr lets you choose which OS when you add a new server)
What ServerPilot Does
- Software Installation – ServerPilot installs all of the software your server needs, including PHP, MySQL, Nginx, and Apache.
- Firewall Configuration – ServerPilot secures your server with an iptables firewall.
- Automatic Updates – ServerPilot keeps your server’s packages updated.
- Simple Control Panel – ServerPilot’s control panel makes it easy to host multiple sites on a server, manage databases, change PHP versions, deploy SSL, and more.
- AutoSSL – With AutoSSL, ServerPilot enables free SSL certificates for your apps’ domains.
- Stats and Monitoring – ServerPilot provides stats and monitoring for your servers and apps.
- Professional PHP and WordPress Hosting – ServerPilot’s Free plan provides everything you need for secure, reliable hosting on your server. Our paid plans offer additional features that may be helpful to you as your business grows.
so basically, serverpilot is your server manager and you get full root access and free SSL with just one click.
On top of that, you can add CDN (I use Cloudflare to serve the main site) The combination of Vultr.com Hosting – Serverpilot & Cloudflare gives me blazing fast speeds and full control with very low costs.